High quality mesh
We’ve tested a variety of wire mesh screens and have found this product to be the highest quality PVC-coated mesh on the market. What sets it apart?
- Sturdy, 19-gauge steel mesh is galvanized and coated with a thick layer of PVC to protect against corrosion.
- Neatly trimmed edges have no stray wires, so they won’t puncture your roof surface or scratch your solar panels.
- Edges are PVC coated AFTER trimming for optimal corrosion protection. Some other brands trim after coating, leaving exposed metal at the edges.
Works great with the AG Bender™
The AG Bender is a portable mesh-forming tool that saves installers time and leads to the best-looking, most durable critter guard out there. The Bender’s Teflon™ Contact Rods have been optimized to work with this wire mesh. Buy, rent or demo an AG Bender and get $25 off your mesh purchase!
Competitive pricing at any volume
We offer competitive pricing, whether you’re buying a couple rolls of mesh or a couple pallets!
- One low price per roll regardless of volume
- Free shipping on full-pallet orders
- Fast delivery nationwide – typically 3-5 business days
- Easy freight options – Orders of 30+ rolls ship by LTL freight. You’ll see an option in the Cart and Checkout pages to select liftgate service if required.
Frequently Asked Questions
What width of wire mesh do I need?
The width you need depends on (1) the roof-to-array gap of your PV system, and (2) your installation method. If you’re using a wire mesh C-channel, the rule of thumb is to order wire mesh at least 2.5″ wider than the roof-to-array gap. Below is an example of 8″ mesh bent into C-channels to fill a 4.5″ gap.
See the Rail Mount Method video for more information. Using unbent mesh or L-channels allows you to use narrower mesh to fill the same size gap, at the expense of long-term durability.
How many feet of wire mesh do I need?
Use our handy job cost calculator to estimate how much mesh you’ll need for a given PV critter guard job. You’ll also see how many attachments you’ll need. Learn about other tools and materials you may need in our Sourcing Guide.
How do I install wire mesh around my solar array?
Check out our detailed instruction video on installing solar critter guard.